Thursday, March 30, 2006

Newses

Okay, it’s about Thursday, and I’m here at school on lappy typing this thing out while both my little brothers work on setting up their projects.

Since I have nothing better to do, as well as the fact that I need to recount the last couple of weeks in my life on this blog anyways, I think I should get started before anybody decides to wreak havoc next to me. Yep, the little guys made an “earthquake simulator.”

Which essentially would be made of PVC piping, a set of dowels, and a squareish piece of plywood, some nuts and bolts, and the crowning glory: type 16 (or 24, I have no idea which)…rubberbands.

If it weren’t for the fact that the whole intent of the design was to appeal to smaller children, and that it (gasp) works extremely well for a thing created on a budget of around $75 American, I would have since written it off.

I hate science fairs.

Anyway, to go back a couple of weeks, we (I mean the Woodlands Jazz Band) went off and did stuff. Which is to say, we won second place at the third Sleepy Hollow Jazz Festival, and (surprisingly) Best Trumpet Section.

BEST TRUMPET SECTION.

Somehow, they pulled a massive miracle of sorts, and one of which we will never be able to explain.

My mind is still blown.

No comments: